If you want to improve your business (Who doesn’t?), it helps to listen to what your customers are saying about you. Here are some suggestions from Trulium.com on how to use feedback to improve your website and online marketing strategies.
- Make it easy for your customers to contact you and then keep an open mind. This can come in the form of “Contact Us” section on your webpage or an email link. Be sure to check the data you receive regularly and then use it to propel your company forward.
- Be willing to take the good, the bad, or even the ugly, and act on it. In today’s viral social media environment customers can sing your praises or send you a loud boo pretty fast. That’s why it’s important to take constructive feedback and fix things that are wrong quickly. Likewise, it’s also great to be able to show how your business is thriving by sharing happy customer comments.
- Walk in your customers’ shoes. This is especially important when it comes to viewing your web pages. Just by using Google Analytics, for example, you can get an idea of which pages your customers visit the most. As for the pages that don’t make the cut, think about reworking them, deleting them or replacing them with better content your customers will want.
- Use web-based or online surveys to solicit feedback, and then put your money where your mouth is. You can survey customers, for example, on your business’ specific products and features, and then use that information to make those items even better. Make sure you are transparent so customers see that you care about their feedback and are using it.
- Utilize your social media. One of the best ways to get feedback is to simply ask directly, and social media is a great place to do that. Be willing to pose questions to your customers on social media, listen to your customers’ ideas, join in on the conversations, and use those ideas to grow your business.